Thursday 22 November 2012

Gatecrash!



Gord:
Contact commenced......Gord


Ilona:
Hi Gord :)
Pleasure to meet you.


Rick said, you read Gateless Gatecrashers book and saw. Can you tell what happened?

Gord:
It was the end of a 28 year process. Back then, at a weekend retreat, I set a goal to figure out how humans worked (can't remember why). The yearning was constant all this time. About 2 years ago things started to get less attached to outcome. About 6 months ago I discovered non-duality. I mentioned that to Rick and he pointed me at you guys. Read the website first then GG. During GG reading logical mind said that's gotta be true. With every story things starred shifting. I'm in a peaceful environment so few distractions. Near the end of GG an emptiness appeared in the back of my head and mind talk went eerily quiet. Thoughts came and went without interruption. I mentioned this to my wife so she quit testing me for a few days (thats back now :-)). Emptiness is constant. Old habitual thoughts come and go but are diminishing. Occassional small reaction to wife but goes away quickly. Now watching and waiting for new results and life goes on. Living happens continuously. Ringing in both ears went away for a few days. Back now. Gratitude for Rick!

Ilona:
Thank you very much for sharing. I am delighted for you and would love to invite you to join LU community. There you will find many new friends and you can share and ask whatever you find interesting.

But before I can invite you, we usually give some questions and put the answers on my blog.  Would you like to answer them?



Gord:
I assume the questions/answers illustrate/initiate something/someone. Sounds ok. Let 'er rip.

Ilona:
Here they are :). Please answer when ready, in full.

1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) in the experience, is there an experiencer? Is it body that experiences or body is the experienced?

3) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

4) How does it feel to see this?

5)How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion but is curious about it.

6) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look? Can you describe the moment when seeing happened?


Thank you.


Gord:
1. Noticed an urge to formulate the "right" answer. Got calm and that passed. Where there was a me there is now a space. So, no me. What was there? What is the space? A memory? A habit? I dunno. As far as was there ever...that's hard to answer. From a living in the now perspective I don't care anymore. Logically it was a creation that has been let go of. Now we're getting into "what is real" territory. I'm outta my depth.

2. Sounds suspiciously like a trick question. Body is just there. Time is passing (apparantly). Events unfold. Interactions are important and fun.  There is ever-present awareness.

3. I can only spout back what I've read about this. Cut and paste. IMO there are theories that adequately explain it. Are they true? Does knowing the truth matter?

4. Freedom.

5. I have a new-found sense of freedom about the way I am experiencing my life. Most things that used to bother me, in many different areas of my life, now feel way less important.

6. Somewhere in your website and GG. The questions "who is observing?" and "how do you know that it's true?" were baffling and intriguing. The process of answering them seemed to have the greatest effect. Near the end of GG sureness emerged outta the ether. That's where thoughts come from by the way ;-)

Ilona:
Wonderful.

You sound like solid yes. I'm so delighted, that reading GG was that last push. I am honoured to be part of your journey.  And my friends that worked on the book will be very pleased to read about it.


Would it be ok with you if I post this on my blog, it may help somebody else with direction. I can use whichever name you prefer.


Lots of love to you.


Gord:

Without the robot life would move so much slower. Post at will. "Gord" is good as a name. Any label will do ;-)


Ilona:
Thanks Gord, appreciate that. And I'll get back to you about how to join the support and sharing groups.
Much love.

1 comment: